Saturday, March 31, 2007

Weird Times


School finally feels done with, and somehow I am glad it’s over. I don’t feel like studying or like giving any shitty exam, and the best part about it is that I don’t have too. The most I would want to do at school is sit there, laugh, talk and do nothing else. No more politics, no more excessive competitiveness and no more classroom chemistry. Yeah I will miss the football stuff, and the nostalgic stuff, and the class madness, and Mr Mudassir, but not now, not yet. Later, maybe.

I’ll miss my friends. Everyone’s leaving, but everyone’s also getting overly close, and it almost seems as if it's all happening at the wrong time. As in, why now? This could have happened a little earlier. It’s almost like the thought of separation is bringing us closer. Damn? Oh and “love is” literally “in the air”, everywhere except around my air, that is. And that’s good and all, but then it’s time for friggin’ separation and that sucks. Tejas said three somewhat final goodbyes yesterday, and I would have to do the same, soon. And it’s just that I feel really weird. I am so close to my friends, all of them in some way or the other, but how close? What’s gonna happen a few years down the line? Yeah we will be in touch thanks to Facebook and shit, but will I see them again? How close am I really to them?

Loads of friggin’ questions, and yeah this post does border lame, and people would probably go, “it’s life, deal with it, idiot!” But I don’t know, it’s just a weird time. When life gets comfortable, starting a new one almost seems wrong. But I am looking forward to University too, so well, that adds to the list of confusing thoughts. And then, random people have kinda started entering into my life, which is again, weird, but cool. Redial Entertainment and driving and football and other fun stuff makes for exciting times, but separation and departures makes everything a little emotional, and when you add the two feelings, it just gets plain weird.

P.S. Yesternight, Shak Rukh Uncle and Dhiru Dada blew the lights outta me.

6 comments:

The Ego said...

Final goodbyes are terrifying... I hated them when school ended and next year I'm probably gonna have to face the dreaded goodbye's again when college ends...and that scares me no end...
Yeah... it is life... and it doesn't have to be great all the time. But trust me, if you really want to keep in touch with some ppl, you will. I'm still in touch with the ppl from school who really mattered bcoz there's an effort to be involved in each others lives from both ends...
Ah well... good luck with everything.

ug said...

couldn't agree more with what u said! it really is miserable having to say goodbye, but at the same time its very exciting to be free for a very long time!

bajpai said...

was waiting for one the 5 of u to write about this..

Anonymous said...

anish man, we all still love you..no matter how far away from me u are. ur always in my heart..

your secret admirer

Anonymous said...

ello anish!
secret admirer?! ahahah thats brilliant! ten bucks its bharath! anyway, i just wanted to say its bloody hard moving away, but its only because you're so used to expecting certain things and it's too much of a pain developing new things to develop. We'll be ok, no we'll be great and as they say-que sara sara (if im not mistaken it translates to What Sara Sara? strange.) "Screw it, let's do it.." right?

HungryAccountant said...

I totally know how you feel. I was driving by my high school the other day, and I suddenly had this [quite obvious] realization: I'm leaving. It's different for me than for my other friends because I've moved around my entire life. I've never started at a school and finished there too, until now at least. It's kind of strange thinking that I spent a complete set of four years with these people, and I'll never see some of the again. I regret not taking the time to get to know so many people. I don't mean to compare us on the same parallel, since you're coming like REALLY far. But, still. I've had to leave and start over so many times that it feels almost natural. In the past, I haven't kept connections with even best friends, but I'm hopeful. I haven't started crying yet, but give me a week, and the waterworks will begin.

"When life gets comfortable, starting a new one almost seems wrong."

Deeeep. True. At least you're coming to Texas =)).