Friday, March 02, 2007

Memoirs of ISC 2007 – English Literature

There was nothing half-interesting about our journey to school this time, though Al Futtaim cleaners were polishing my corridor floor when I walked out today, and they got all mad when I stepped all over the polish. But hey, we are talking about my God Damn boards here, I need to get to the lift.

The highlight of the morning was my dad’s outburst, as in a positive one, full of energy. We started discussing my future, only this time it was exciting rather than confusing. It feels good to have your path laid out, now all you have to do is to walk/run it and pray that it’s a decently smooth journey.

English Literature was our first real test. No Bashir, no non-sense, no free marks (English Language) – studying was essential. What I liked about my “studying” was that I really enjoyed Richard II. It’s a brilliant play, and Shakespeare is friggin’ inspiring genius. I actually enjoyed some of the poems too – Prayer Before Birth, Story Of Lost Friends, Flute Music and A Walk By Moonlight are all deep and interesting. Anyway, my point is studying for this exam wasn’t all that bad. However I did get annoyed with my writing in general, I really need to start reading more books.

The paper was as “student-friendly” as it could be, but I can’t really judge how well mine went. I am not all depressed and irritated, so I guess that’s a good sign, but then I also don’t really care that much, so it’s also confusing. One man not confused is Shrivats. In his after-exam interview, the only thing he had to say was – “27 sides.” This study-beast has a clingy chest infection which causes him to burst into a multitude of coughs quite randomly. Now that could prove to be an obstruction towards his ambition of doing the double by topping the ISC, already having topped the ICSE. But, today this chest-infection was a source of mockery for Karan Khanna, which I don’t find funny in anyway. Despite his chest infection, Shrivats is going to kick your sorry ass Karan, because he seems to have had a rocking English Literature and Language exam. You, Karan, on the other hand visited the toilet, yawned, yawned again and finished your paper half an hour earlier. That doesn’t sound too good. Anyway Shri’s odds need re-adjusting and Karan needs an eruption to cool off. Whereas Govind seemed a little distressed about forgetting to write the “first bit” of the Garden scene. But chill Gov, I don’t think it should be that big a problem. Bharath’s went well – I think so anyway, because well, he wrote 3 practice essays for Prayer Before Birth. Whereas Aaron is going to beat Shrivats, apparently he too, like Shri and Kau came close to mugging up the entire of Richard II. Ali didn’t like his Garden scene essay, but he is still going to get full, though Aaron will beat him, somehow.

Nothing more I can think off. Oh, Annika learnt about the Extra-Booklets and Twins Ltd. Soon the rest of the girl’s section will also be enlightened. I think they are the highest consumers of extra booklets in the whole darn world. Guinness, you there? Ladies, Unmukt is a close third. Maths on Monday, and the die-all Chemistry on Wednesday to look forward too. Dad’s playing the Devil by tempting me to go for the Federer V Haas match today. Should I? I won’t get myself to study today anyway, how much ever I try.

P.S. Life sucks and there is nothing you can do about it, sometimes.
Odds for “Who Will Top?” as they currently stand: [screw you anonymous]
Bharath 3:1
Shrivats: 2.5:1
Govind: 3:1
Unmukt: 3.9:1
Tejas: 780800:1

16 comments:

Romit said...

you knw.... in the midst of all the exam pressure...everybody forgot today was HOLI...so...
HAPPY HOLI EVERYONE!!!
ENJOY AND HAVE FUN GUYS with maths
The paper was okay...simpler than expected. Anyway Anish have fun...u ll get one more 90...cya

Tejas said...

study-beast! BRILLIANT.
karan sounds a bit like krakatoa.
if it helps in any explanation.

Tejas said...

and btw anonymous is right
uve ritten that
for every 780800 dhs u put in, if i top the person will get 1 buck
thus making the odds
780800 : 1
reverse it!

ug said...

hahahahaha....tejas brilliant simile :P

my paper was bad....misinterpreted one essay question.....im praying the examiner wont read my five plus pages.....

ug said...

and tejas, the odds thing is correct...for every dirham put in, the person will get 780800...

Anonymous said...

Good exam up until the last essay ... I wrote only the significance but did not describe ... hoping that they look at the quotes all over the answer and are satisfied enough! Pessimistically, I may lose upto 15 marks straight, optimistically, 1 or 2! Lets see!!

On the bright-side,
HALF THE BOARD EXAMS ARE OVER FOR ME!!

.... and for the last few days, I have found myself muttering quotes at random to myself! Here I am half-asleep, when all of a sudden, I can here myself say '... scoffing at his state, grinning at his pomp ... comes at last with a little pin bores through the castle wall and farewell king'! WEIRDNESS ...

As far as Shakespeare being a genius goes, your SO DAMN RIGHT! While studying Richard, I keep thinking about how he possibly could have THOUGHT up all those metaphors and rhyming lines!!
... yet, though I think Richard is way more impressive than Julius Caesar, I'm sure that I'll forget it soon ... but 'hence home you idle creatures' and 'his life was gentle ... that nature might stand up and say to all the world THIS WAS A MAN' ... I can never ever forget!!

Tejas said...

WATEVA UNMUKT.
fine!
im wrong!

Udai Kapila said...

A Story of Lost Friends - AWSOME. one of the best poems ive ever read. That Bond dude is deeeeep.

go for the match! i would ;)

can i bet 50 fils on tejas??? if he tops i get umm 39,400 dhs. not a bad investment of 50 fils! Go Tejas!!

cheers

udai

Romit said...

HE went ....

jrod said...

richard II is a frilliant play, but i pretty much hated it, thanks to our variety of brilliant teachers. something that our class will never forget...

first day of literature, 11th grade... sneha ramesh was appointed our teacher... "Old John of Gaunt, time honoured Lancaaaaaaaaaaster" (nasal!) hahahahaha...

nehoo, paper was ok, i hate analysing my papers.

how was match?!?!

Anonymous said...

anish ur a fat dog:p.....ur sppsd to be on mi side not alis:O...muggin entire richard ..mi ass...ali on thhe other hand has odds no of 0:1!!! now after getting full in 5 consecituve papers

jeez maths now...beware girls...shrivats will take an extra booklet when u guys are on page 3 or 4 - im very serious so dont be surrpirsed!! shrivats stop coughing.. i had such an awesome quote for richard and somehow ur cough made it dissapear:S!

pah!...nywyas anish seems to be doin really well:P..dont be fooled by the his tryin to geth the expextations down:P...dog..hes gona gte 94+ again..nd beta govind in maths!

kahnna is stupid

ali is fat

- gomezzzzz

Anonymous said...

ps - anish stop staring at karan all the time

anish said...

Guys the Join the Best game Ever
just follow the link and sign up and play its dam simple...Enjoy..good % min Time pass

www.lost.eu/279bf


Have fun and give me points

anish said...

muahahahaha romit...trying to exploit my blog huh?

Anonymous said...

All you seem to do is stare at Khanna and Shri.

Anonymous said...

^^

I meant that factually, not in any other way.

...


Whatever that means.