Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Memoirs of ISC 2007 – Physics

This exam felt painstakingly important to me until I actually started writing it. I had studied enough, slept enough, fantasized-about-what-would-happen-after-it enough and stressed enough, now I just needed to get it out of my system.

The car-ride was pretty uneventful except for Ali’s big fat intimidating ABC Physics book. Shayaan hadn’t studied that well for this exam, so that was encouraging. I enjoyed showing off in the car, and that did annoy the hell out of Ali. Oh, and I had decided to make use of a camera on our last ever exam together as a science batch, so the picture =). Damn I’m going to miss these exams. From the twins walking into school like robots, to us over-discussing things, to Sodium Orgasmate, to us hounding our teachers, to the twins making up good sensible shit for things they have no idea about, to Unmukt’s “not their in the portion” reactions, to Romit’s inability to correctly define things and to the highest amount of stress-releasing laughter we will ever have together as a group, I am really going to miss it. Not now, but later definitely.

Anyway, so I took enough pictures (which I will put up on Facebook soon) to satisfy my memory-cravings years down the line. Oh, and if you ever want to see Ali’s version of “getting-cow-screwed”, let me know. It’s a very udder-ful video to say the least. That and few pictures of Reshmi Ma’am “solving our doubts” – pure gold footageI say!

On a more serious note, before entering the hall, I did get some of my doubts sorted out, but came no where close to the actual morning-revision target I had set. That never happens anyway. We talk, laugh and try to cry, and have a whole lot of fun doing all that, before making a surprisingly sober and sane entry into the hall. After lining up in the AC Foyer, Mr Bloud told us very proudly that he would be saying our prayer. Wow, joy.

We finally did enter the hall, and for a moment, were a little insecure when our question papers didn’t seem to be around. We waited. Oliyolah came. Thank God. We got the paper and it looked weird. It seemed short, but had a lot of unheard of stuff in it. “Digital signals”? “Production pair”? There were some wrong sums too - so unlike the board. Anyway the paper was decent. I don’t think I did enough to get a 90, but Shrivats is getting 99 for sure. Unmukt is getting 100, “maybe”. Shayaan wanted to have a bad paper and had a bad paper. Ali has given up on everything. He just doesn’t care. “Coolness”, I say. He is very, uhm well, happy nowadays and it’s cool, if you know what I mean. Tejas thinks I am getting 100. I really can’t figure that one out. Rubin and Aaron were our Gauss-saviors, and Tejas’ XOR-saviors. Oh and Bharath’s getting a 100/100 too. Govind will also probably max. I am telling you the competition is heating up! I feel that Computers might be the difference. Hmm let’s see. Common Bharath!

The usual dispersal mela followed after the end of the exam with everyone screaming and hounding Ms. Menon yet again. I had my camera out, and was taking random shots. I then almost got bitten by Karan’s dog . Anything to do with that family can’t stand me. Ahh I guess its mutual, and there is definitely an anti-connection. And it makes sense unlike the other “connections” that I have been having lately.

Anyway, the physical experience ended with Ali and me trying to make the fastest and crap-iest video ever. Hopefully I will have time to decorate it someday. For now, 14 days till Eco. What's lined up? Lots of Redial Entertainment work, lots of football and some more of Redial Entertainment work, basically lots of fun.

In our car-ride home, Ali and I did dirty things with Ali’s plasticine.

P.S. The race is heating up, and the investments are as expectedly not coming. Brilliant you guys! However, the odds as they stand now:
Shayaan: 3.5:1
Shrivats: 2.7:1
Bharath: 3:1
Unmukt: 3:1
Govind: 3:1
Tejas: 7080090 x 10^903: 1

9 comments:

Alexandrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

anish go jump into a well --- i said i might get 100 not sure :S:S:S:S
and dont u dare cast the evil eye on me. btw a little thing to be noted govind can get 100 in comp shree cant

and both are getting 100 in math 98 in chem 100 in phy at least for govind

so govind gets 99.25 %

while shree ends up with 98.75%

sorry shree

Anonymous said...

Just thought you should know: Your posts "insult" a few people. I don't know if it's a joke amongst you all, but it does sound insulting -
The one on Environmental Education: ("Amiya broke all records..his exam").
The one on Chemistry: ("We were all secretly praying..pass")

I am very pleased with your writing though. Very Well Written.

ug said...

lots of stuff to vaporise :P

which wrong sum....if ur referring to the a.c. one, it was correct, a bit tricky though

i'm gonna miss these exams too, strangely enough

Stained said...

nice post...
whats a plasticine

Radhii said...

Hello again!

The picture is brilliant. By any chance did you guys purposely pose for that one? Ali and Ashiq look so... so... scholarly? ( Is that even a word? )
As usual.. This was nicely written!
Oh and about the 'plasticine'..
What the heck lol ! The dictionary says it's some shit to do with moulding or something but that doesn't make any sense. Or does it?

Either way..
Blog on!

PS: These ISC memory things are no doubt going to seriously 'satisfy' your 'memory craving' years.

Anonymous said...

yelooww... ah physix...oh btw the syallbus does mention analouge nd digital circuits so :s:s dunno if we r gettin those marks !

decent paper otherwisee....

feelinggg very boredd thesee dayss with nothing to do:P! my mum is forcing me to come to al ghurair on saturday but india are playingg:O! what time u ghuys gonna be there till

i dont see how u were intimidated by the FATNESS of ABC when ali was sitting right there.....

- gomezzz

Radhii said...

aaron is dumb .. la la la la (8) ..

=D

bajpai said...

...wat did u ppl do witht he plasticine...scary thoughts in mind..so please..CLARIFY THEM!