Monday, March 12, 2007

Memoirs of ISC 2007 – Environmental Education

I hated studying for this exam. Our ‘Enviro’ textbook was pure crap. Reeta David seriously needs to find a new career path. I plan to write a letter to the publishers telling them how unorganized, vague and superfluous their ‘great’ book of theirs is. Maybe someday it will happen, but whatever. The past few days were pathetic, study-wise that is. Desert Rock, “Titinus” and other things made it difficult for me to study anything - more on that when I get time to write about Desert Rock.

Everyone came into school wanting a 90+ in what is supposedly an easy-to-score-by-bluffing subject. Harry wanted 100. Romit and Bharath entered with Bharath’s face beaming with excitement like it so often is. He couldn’t wait to tell us Romit’s newest legendary sayings. Apparently, Romit thinks that “environment and development are same sides of two coin.” Thanks Bengali Babu for adding another "great-un" to your pool of ridiculousness. Mr. Sharma asked whether we wanted to go to India to play football matches against some of top schools there this summer, and we whole heartedly agreed. Hopefully it will happen Aaron, let’s see. [I am hating my English right now. Plus this headache and the desire to sleep is really annoying me.]

After asking Mrs Ghosh a gazillion times what 'Ecological Indicators' are, and whole bunch of other rubbish, we finally entered the auditorium. We got our paper, and immediately I hated everything about it. I hated the questions, I hated what I wrote, I hated writing it, I just hated the entire experience, and boy, I am glad it’s over. The Indian School Certificate examinations has so got its Environmental Education wrong. I really feel like venting about how pathetic our 'Enviro' syllabus, but it doesn’t even deserve that, not now at least. Anyway, it seriously has its priorities messed up. Alas, only ISC knows how to make perfectly useful and important subject, absolute crap. Anyway how much ever I hated writing the paper, I am still hoping to scrape a 90. Seriously, an 89.5 will do! However, after the paper ended, the after-exam discussions were “marred” with the Headboy’s aggressive, loud and un-needed speech. Just pay your 10 dirhams guys, it’s not worth the drama. And Ritesh relax, I wonder where all this enthusiasm of yours went when Bharath was Dhs 300+ in debt.

Anyway, this paper was totally Bio-students friendly which is kinda annoying. But it gives people like Shayaan, Shri, Kau and the rest of the Bio freaks an edge. They will probably be doing really well in it. Unmukt, despite being an Eco-student, got “micro-nutrients” right, and pre-exam time he had said that he was “screwed”. Yeah he is distracted for certain reasons, but he is also Unmukt none the less – 100/100. Ashiq, Tejas and almost everyone else seemed happy. Romit did an extra question, however I really hope it wasn’t coin related. Aaron is getting full, and Ali is guarenteed full in physics. Rubin was starring at me, and I was starring at Karan. Again that Vesuvius finished his paper super-fast, but says to have written two pages per answer. How? Ameya broke all records by sleeping for one complete hour during his exam, and Jeetu just couldn’t contain his shock at this. Also, apparently Ameya left one question because he didn’t have enough time to think. Anyhoo, I seriously don’t care. I just hope, like everyone else, that I scrape a 90 and be done with it. Phyiscs, on the other hand, I consider semi-important. I need to do well, and I really hope I study today. But before that, sleep is essential.

P.S. Odds for “Who Will Top?” as they stand:
Shayaan: 3.3:1
Shrivats: 2.5:1
Bharath: 3.2:1
Unmukt: 3:1
Govind: 3:1
Tejas: 70800 x 10^3: 1
Romit: 2 coin to 1 coins

23 comments:

ug said...

i told u to learn trawling...so u BETTER have gotten that right!!

paper was ok...felt it was very long...couldnt finish all my underlining and all :P...but was quite relieved to see the questions.

and after all of this *ahem* studying *ahem* if i dont get 100 im soooo gonna kill the council :@ =P

Romit said...

PLSSSSSSS dun call me Bengali Babu ever again.... I am serious.
Ass, the coin thing is totally blown out of proportion. Kiddin, i meant to say it.

Evs was okay....the paper was again a lie

Anonymous said...

set odds 4 ritesh as

10 bucks or else!

Anonymous said...

ur exam blogs rock....

Anonymous said...

heloooo...evss yeaah...such boring rubbishhh...although i think the syllabus by ISC is not bad...the implementation in this book are juss pahhh....nd im assumin they used this book to set the paper....since a lot of the quotes were word to word.

ameya slept for an hour!!!!! wtfff:S..kahhnaa....dude why u stare at him so muchh mann

riteshs speech bordered on amusing not in terms of delivery or content where it was definitely well done, but in terms of basic principle..no one was told of this gift and no ones consent was taken before buying it ...just a mere demand for money. nyhooo he needs to get his monet back..kudos to him on gettin tht done at least.

anish ur a dog...i told u my evs paper wasnt great. but football!! my god im so fat!!!..nothing compared to ali though

ali is hugeeeeee

- gomezzzz

anish said...

Unmukt - I think I got trawling right, eventhough I dont remember you telling me anything! :S And umm screw your underlining you!

Romit So sensitive about Bengalai Babu huh? You know what happens to that..and yeah "you meant to say it"..right 8-)..:P..sorry but its all because i love you.. =)

"Shaz" [no idea who you are] thanks!

Aaron Well I feel that the syllabus is too theoretical. They need to make it way more practical for my liking. "Ritesh's speech bordered on amusing" - well said. And yeah you are right about the fact that no one was told about the gift and noone's consent was taken,and there he is, demanding money. Anyway the intentions were good at least.

Anyhoo good luck everyone for physics and the rest!

Shalaka said...

Heylo!

You actually make the whole ISC experience interesting! REALLY interesting!

Best of luck by the way!

Oh yes, and another awesome 'exam post' :P!


PS : You guys went for both days didn't you (DDRF)???? :@! UNFAIR! I do not have my boards and I went for Day 1 only! Lucky lucky lucky!!

Anonymous said...

hey anish lsn one thing can u please update ur football blog after physics to include champions league - i want to hear the experts view :):):)

anish said...

haha bharath demand and all!

thanks!

yeah i plan to restart footballism after these exams and update it regularly. right now no time! till then! adios! :P

Anonymous said...

shaz ali.... football ppl...match ....8th grde...deira

Anonymous said...

shaz ali...there was ur friend called ali also playing with us along with shaun khambataa aah now remmeber malpani...and sahyan never used to come..anyways nice blog again..

Radhii said...

ANISH!

GOD! I hate you! You guys are having so much funnnn.
Anyways! I haven't gotten a chance to comment cuz of our gayface exams but now that I've gotten the chance to I'm doing so =)
Lol ure 'Who WIll Top?' Odds thing is funny :P .. Especially the Tejas and Romit bit. :P
Anyways. Not much to say!
Best of luck!
Take care!
AND you got to see INCUBUS WHICH IS REALLLY UNFAIR!

anish said...

hey radhii, dint go to see incubus. we were too worn out and deaf, and really guilty of not studying so decided against it! so, hey we are in the same boat!

Anonymous said...

aarons got a point. no one even told us about this stupid plate.
ritesh, how about telling the batch about it next time you decide something on behalf of the whole stinking batch!

Radhii said...

Whoopeee !
So I'm not the only one moping about missing Incubus. Let me tell you, it feels good =P

Deepak Shrivastava said...

Hellooo,
Your post is really taken on ISC Expirinece.It is nice expirinece

Anonymous said...

Thanks for article!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonymous said...

Glad to read articles like this. Thanks to author!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting article, I have long sought. It is in front of me. I agree with you!

Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Interesting article, thanks to author!

Anonymous said...

I was googling ISC Papers.. I have my EVE exam paper tomorrow and I couldn't care less.. but even though I don't know any of the people you blogged about, everything sounds amazingly familiar. =D