Thursday, November 30, 2006

Transitional Blogiarrhea

Okay. The past few posts have been admit tingly random and blah. I didn’t like them, and nor did many of you. The “Going ONE Better” was so fake-sounding. I so over-exaggerated everything. Fine ONE TV is doing well, but it’s not as if the world had found a cure for AIDS. It sounded like that didn’t it? “Oh One is brilliant” and "so is their website" and "wow" this and "wow" that – bull shit. ONE's good, and I appreciate what ONE’s done, but there was no friggin’ substance in my post. It seems as though I was trying too bloody hard. My sister blurted that out to me yesterday, as frankly as she always does, and however much I am not supposed to 'like' it, I appreciate the honesty, because it does make sense. Thanks & damn.

And to add salt to these unsympathetic wounds, “anonymous’s” were on a rampage. What I am about to say does not refer to any of the genuine anonymous commenters who actually constructively criticize and state their opinion. In fact I respect their genuineness. But what’s annoying is when people from my school, who are in my friggin’ class, who I probably know damn well, start posting blatantly offensive, anonymous comments which make no sense and are just put forth to satisfy their desire to extract envious, sadistic pleasure. Screw you guys. It’s evident that you guys don’t have the balls to have an identity, and that you prefer masking your sadism behind this “anonymous” image. It’s so shit, and it just shows how fake you people are, because you require some other random anonymous image to prove to the world that this blogger sucks. Grow up guys, quick.

Let me quote a few examples:

“Anonymous said...

malpani u be a gud advertising agent ... man many companies will come to u onli 4 da reason dat dey hav to advertise their product ..

November 28, 2006 7:32 PM”

What’s the point of saying something like that? I’d rather prefer you tell me what the hell is wrong with my post in a ‘dignified’ manner, as Ashiq puts it, rather than saying such baseless rubbish. Tell me that the post sucked because it lacked substance and effort, and because it was exaggerated. I’ll accept it, and feel bad at the same time, not at you, but at myself. That way, you’ll get your sick sadistic pleasure too.

“Anonymous said...

crap malpani.....advertising for one tv

November 28, 2006 1:24 PM “

Another sad comment…

And I will never get this dude:

“Anonymous said...

No holiday on wed and thurs. That's just effing sad innit?

November 25, 2006 7:21 PM “

Why the hell do you have to go anonymous to say something like that? It’s obvious – you are from my school, probably from my grade, and I don’t think you have anything to hide. Sometimes I just don’t get people. Generally, I try and ignore such bull shit , but I just felt like – WTF? – let’s try and knock some sense in to those that are making this blogosphere a joke.

Rajiv put it rightly to me today at lunch - blogs are suddenly becoming ‘status symbols’ – it’s “hip” to have a blog, and that’s bloody sad. Get a grip of yourself and let’s pursue mature and interesting and worthy-of-reading discussions.

My previous blog post on the summary of the current status of the blogosphere was way out of line. Once again, my sister did the reminding. I breached the most important unsaid rule of blogging. Blogging is never discussed outside the blogosphere, nor is it meant to be ‘reviewed’ like I did in that earlier post. I apologize for that. It’s just that I am in this transitional “Blogiarrhea” where I am not blogstipated, but am just getting to conscious of what I am posting, so I am posting excessively, thinking too much about it, and the result is utter embarrassment on retrospection. “Will my readers like it? Is it cool enough? Is this wise-crack funny or lame?” These are stupid questions I don’t need to ask myself. Suddenly I have become excessively formal and superficial and it’s bothering me. Maybe the pressure of having a decent number of readers is getting to me, and yeah you anonymous ball-less people don’t help either. I am not going to delete the posts that I am not ‘proud’ of because that’s like running away from the truth. And I hate that.

As for you commenters/readers, I love reading your genuine comments, whether they are appreciative or dogmatic or derogatory, as long as they have substance. So please continue to do so. Lose the unnecessary anonymous comments though. This obviously does not refer to those anonymous’ who just want to state their substantiated opinion in a dignified manner. That’s perfectly fine. All bloggers want comments, and these comments sustain us in their own little way. Also, there exists an unsaid competition with these comments amidst fellow bloggers, which is only natural. It’s not necessarily good, and it’s worse when people try and re-state and glorify something so unnecessary just to draw more sick pleasure.

On Harry’s blog…

“Other said...

Congrats, you've got more posts on your 3rd post than Anish got in his 20+ posts. Not a competition I know. You've written a good post that everyone has a different stand on.

6:34 AM “

This ‘Other’ dude is definitely from our school. Why try and hide yourself, and why the fuck do you have to mention my name and get me unnecessarily involved? You knew you were trying to sting my ego with something like that. Fine if you wrote that comment as yourself, as someone I knew, I wouldn’t care because I would know you were trying to pull my leg. But the very fact that you went anonymous proves your friggin’ sadistic motives. Harry got 52 comments on that and I am proud of him. But you, you need to lose the polite way of bringing in something that had nothing to do with Harry's initial post.

Anyway, I won’t be surprised if you anonymous commenters flip over something like this. I really don’t care. It's only in your sadistic nature to rub salt in open wounds. Just like you have a friggin’ opinion on everything, so do I. But the only difference is that I have the balls to say it as myself.

Anyway, this transitional phase should pass. All phases teach you something and this has too. I need to worry less about what the world will think about me, and try and prevent myself from glorifying an image that ‘my blog greatest’. This blog is for me and I want to enjoy it. Screw everything else.

P.S. For all the bajpai-like-thinkers, I have started, or rather, am starting, a parallel blog dedicated only to my passion - football.


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ironically enough, I will go anonymous. For that is what so many of us are: no-faced. Some lack the courage to criticize you, others don't need to use a name to say what they want to. Ball-less people are we Anish? Certainly the one's that take a shot at you for no apparent reason are.


“Other said...

Congrats, you've got more posts on your 3rd post than Anish got in his 20+ posts. Not a competition I know. You've written a good post that everyone has a different stand on.

6:34 AM “


Whoeever he/she was, did sting your ego. You get agitated and that's why they do it. I smile as I write this: like a lot of other people I expected this outburst.

Are you afraid to face people who you can't see? Do the masked men make you uneasy because you can't physically or mentally challenge them at school or in society? I seek not to incite you but to teach you a lesson - take it as a challenge.

As for the useless commenters, to quote: "That's just effing sad innit?".

Fire away. I'm lovin' it.

The Ego said...

It’s just that I am in this transitional “Blogiarrhea” where I am not blogstipated, but am just getting to conscious of what I am posting, so I am posting excessively, thinking too much about it, and the result is utter embarrassment on retrospection. “Will my readers like it? Is it cool enough? Is this wise-crack funny or lame?” These are stupid questions I don’t need to ask myself.
I've only recently started blogging, yet I understand this part, coz sometimes I'm guilty of the same as well...
I honestly believe a blog needs to be honest, rather than a fake exaggeration of what you'd like yourself to be... and when it does become fake, it does show.

This blog is for me and I want to enjoy it. Screw everything else.
Yup...I agree!!!

anjali said...

Relax......Noone is out to get you...and if they are, screw em'!!!
:)

Anonymous said...

whoah..lotta emotion flowing out in this post..hell i agree that when people go anonymous it is irritating..i've always felt if u have something to say..don't be ashamed to say it..if you are then just don't say it! and it really annoys me when people insult others and choose their identity to remain "anonymous"..if its your view then come right out and tell everyone that this is what u think..
so i really dont see any need for anyone to go anonymous

Rayna said...

All the anonymous weirdo(s)...are just plain jealous of ur blog. u know ur blog rocks!!...screw them!

anish said...

Anonymous: this is not about me not being able to "challenge" people in school. All i am on about is, why the unnecessary mask? you don't seem to get my point, and there is no point in trying to prove what incites me, and what doesn't. there's no point of debating for the heck of debating to piss someone off.

d, anjali, priyank, rayna - thanks!

Anonymous said...

i hav realized somethin dat wen ever u write a post in ur blog .. its just 4 memory and u try to express urself and try to point out ur veiws for anythin and everythin and dats gud ... ur blog ROX and it always will .... as rayna said "they are jealous of ur blog " nothin else ... u do not need to get worried about such things , i knoe it pisses u off but just relax.

-fatema-

Nishant said...

It's true what Rajiv said. Blogs are suddenly becoming status symbols, and that's what I tried (but failed) to put through in my previous comment. I don't know about me, but I'm sure that I'm doing it for real reasons, to let people know what I think these days, to let people know what I know, and to vent out my emotions.

Which, obviously, these 'anonymous's fail to do. I don't know why they comment on other people's blogs, not-so-critically, without having a blog themselves. Even if they DO have a blog, why are they afraid to show it? Is it because they are ashamed of it? Or is it because they just have nothing better to do.

You know what, this blog will always be the most inspiring one out of all the others, so forget about the 'anonymous's and keep blogging.

To the 'anonymous's : Save yourselves the trouble by stopping.

Anonymous said...

the thing you shouldnt do, anish, is get so touchy and emotional about people who comment anonymously. some people comment anonymously because they're too shy, or afraid. others might comment anonymously because they want to have a got at your posts. either way, it really shouldnt bother you. forget about it. just go back to writing good posts that you really care about. coz we really do care about most of the stuff you write about. just keep the good posts coming in.

(oh btw, i finally found a song! :D)

anish said...

jrod - i respect what you have to say, and i do quite agree. Ideally i should not be bothered by these anonymous comments, and i know that. but then, in reality, it's only natural to be affected, especially when you feel that the insult is unnecessary. So instead of bearing it and trying to convince myself "anish - deal with it", why not try and hit back, not spitefully, but more like "what the hell are u guys doing man?".

when it comes to people who are shy and afraid, at least they are not saying anything derogatory, and are being genuine, so those types of anonymous' are okay.

anyway, rod, thanks..=)!
and good luck with the song you found!

Anonymous said...

Have you heard of generalizations? Let's say we're talking bout you (hypothetical example)...ur game: football... i read your blog... you barely know me... all u know is that i don't play football... neway so i comment...it might mean a lot but it might be contradicting what u have to say...so u tell someone 'hey you know that dam proma kid... what's she think? She's just a girl... what's she know about football anyway?'... complete generalization.
Sometimes people choose to remain anonymous while commenting for fear that their comment is regarded as a direct reflection on their personality. Maybe he or she doesn't care about the judgement but just wants everyone who read the comment to understand it without any form of biased approach based on what is associated with 'his/her name'! It's all very idealistic to say c'mon stand up for everything u believe in... noone is every going to judge you for it...but let's face it... everyone is judging you.. all the time! Your judging urself when u say you've been writing to please your readers and not yourself.
Your judging an anonymous character for a comment that may or may not have been derogatory... it could just have been a joke/ passing comment with not much thought put in to it... seriously.. as anjali said 'noone is out to get u!' You're going to be criticized for your work just as much as your going to be praised for it... sometimes critics are harsher in the way they put across their opinions... nothing wrong with that... each one to his/her own... if ur so concerned about these anonymous factors (fear of the unknown i'd say) then u should take the hint, there has to be some scope for improvement... never know.. maybe someday this anonymous character might actually appreciate something u have to say... the point is... someone isn't always going to tell u where u are going wrong... there are many who would just sit there and click their tongues at ur endless mistakes... sadistic pleasure.. if u say so.. i doubt... it's just a reaction... but it's upto u to change it.
I'm not feeling very articulate right now so i'm not gonna go into a detailed explanation of what i mean to say...I'm sure u'll figure it out
Just a thought.

anish said...

Proma: about ur view on the 'biased approach that people fear so they take on the role of anons' - i completely agree. sometimes people may need to go anon to get a neutral approach from readers, and i have no problem with that and have never really had one. as long as you have a dignified opinion on anything, it really doesnt matter whether you are anonymous or not. I agree with what harry said on his blog:
"So once again, the anonymous rule still holds. Don't give a name if it helps you open up, It doesn't matter. All I want is for anyone who reads this post to see what I've seen or then tell me about what they've seen. " and i have somewhat maintained it: 'What I am about to say does not refer to any of the genuine anonymous commenters who actually constructively criticize and state their opinion'

Maybe you need to read the post again - and re look at the examples i have mentioned. the group of anonymous' that i am addressing are not the genuine ones. the ones i am referring to are the ones that are intentionally out to ridicule and embarass, not only me, but other bloggers out of sheer sadism. the number is generally low, but in recent times the number of such comments are increasing - just wanted to put a check on that.

about the whole 'judgment' debate: the whole world is constantly fighting over it, and i completely agree with you when you say "it's all very idealistic to say c'mon stand up for everything u believe in... noone is every going to judge you for it...but let's face it... everyone is judging you.. all the time" in fact, i have even discussed this exact same thing with ali, and we both had the same thoughts on it.

and about me judging anons: i think i am judging their comment as of being 'derogatory'. and in that, i am judging these very select few anons as 'sadists' - hey i am no "ideal" person.

about whether a anonymous comment is a joke or not: i find it hard to differentiate between a joke and an attack when i dont know who it is. i cant simply assume. if its tejas or ali or romit or harry or bharath or any1 i know, then i know they are pulling my leg, and obv, i will take it sportingly. so i guess i slightly differ there - and hey joking anonymously, for the heck of it, on serious topics, is not recommended anyway, so i dont know why is should accept anonymous ones.

also please, please be more thorough with ur accusations. to re-state, i am against those anons that are just commenting for the friggin heck of it with sick motives, not genuine ones . also, note, that when an anon, as harshly as ever, tells me that something is wrong, and he makes sense, i try and do something about it. here's an example for some friggin' proof:

This comment was posted on 'The Blogging Bug':

"Anonymous said...

Its getting sad Anish. You're dropping in quality (your response to this post will most definately be - "its-my blog"). :p

I think you're trying too hard to be someone your not; or rather forcing yourself to be this guy who's witty in a random sort of way. I think this randomness really isn't you. Then again, you probably know you better. (All in reference to your blog subtitle - you're the "do you really care" Anish, not the "random" guy.)

November 24, 2006 11:51 PM "


you know what it wasgetting a little sad, and i admitted it and changed it...

"anish said...

anonymous @ 11:51 - thanks for the feedback - respect ur honesty. will try and reconsider.

"anonymous" is a good way of being blunt, honest and hard-hitting. it works.

Other: so, yeah it does make sense what u are trying to say. but then again do something rather than nothing.

November 25, 2006 12:07 AM "


see. i accepted what anon said, and changed things that i too felt were getting 'sad', and this anon even acknowledged that. so once again, proma, please dont say that i ignore such comments that are harsh and derogatory. as long as they make sense,even if they are anonymous, i will continue to accept it. please ask me for more examples if all this is not satisfactory.

also, please dont see this as an attempt by me to forcefully justify my post, i am simply trying to sort out what you might have misunderstood.

thanks for your feedback.

just a reply to your thought.

Anonymous said...

In defence of all anon (nice term!)comments, the post on One Tv was not really 'serious' or thought provoking compared to some of your other posts, 'crap malpani.....advertising for one tv' is just one person's opinion, there's nothing derogatory about it. When you are publishing your personal views for the world to see you should expect criticisms, so be prepared to defend your opinion or learn from them. In the real world criticisms do not always come honey coated, especially from people who do not know you or do not like you.This is your brush with the real world. I agree that the comparison with Harry was tongue-in-cheek uncalled for, but worded differently you have to admit it is true, Harry did write a post that struck a chord with many people. If someone is trying to drive a wedge between you & Harry, you are reacting exactly in the way that person would want you to! So please do not be so harsh with your detractors,if you think they are wrong do not call it 'baseless rubbish' & 'accusations', you are demeaning yourself, & that is sad because you have a lot of potential.

Anonymous said...

anish... i commented on why a person could go anonymous... it was a statement. The second part relates to what u thought is derogatory...i'm toking criticism whatever form it may take... I also didn't say anything in relation to u have not done nething bout what was said... my point was if u think ur doing something about what is being commented on... then fine... the comments shouldn't bother u... i'm not accusing u so there's no need to get defensive!! If ur blogging not for the public but more for urself then good...take the criticism as it comes....'bullshit' or not. If u want people to comment on ur post then just accept whatever they have to say 'anonymous or not'. If u thought the anonymous comment was usless, worthless and whatever else then just delete it... obv it's not contributing anything to the discussion, is it?

anish said...

anon and proma - thanks again.

anon - "When you are publishing your personal views for the world to see you should expect criticisms, so be prepared to defend your opinion or learn from them. In the real world criticisms do not always come honey coated, especially from people who do not know you or do not like you.This is your brush with the real world." - please reconsider what u have just said. if it still holds strong with you, then i am helpless. i have always stood by what i say, and i have always taken criticism, howevr harsh it is, but i take in that criticism, which is justified. not 'crap malpani' - its like telling you: |anon, get a life, you dont know what you are saying" - and that in no way is fair.

proma - thanks, just thanks. i have said more than enough, and have nothing more to say, when whatevr i say is pointless to u.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe this post has generated so many comments. Get a life guys.

Anonymous said...

Proma it is sometimes very pissing of to get comments like that- totally uncalled for. People generally don't like to hear bad stuff about them especially from unknown anon people Nobody is perfect enough to take in everything with the right mind.

Anish i understand, ignoring them is the best solution... being a blog for memory...u will laugh at these anon comments years from now...and not at the ones which make sense. I do not think so u have blogher...or wateva.....enjoy yar and make plans for the celebrations for your bloganniversary!!! YAY!!

BLOG ON!!1

Anonymous said...

eyy malpani... da 1 dat said "crap malpani..." dat was me
thnk u fr honouring me...
but that post was honestly...CRAP.