Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Past Few Weeks - Robbie Williams

It took him 3 hours to apparently sell out when his tickets first went on sale in Dubai. I did not get a ticket. I am not blaming any one or anything - it was my ignorance that did not give me a ticket. Robbie Williams holds the Guinness World Record for the fastest selling tickets. If only I had known that before.

Distraught, I stopped listening to his music, because everytime I did, I felt depressed. I thought I had missed my chance to see him.

But one day, bolt from the blue, when I really needed it the most, my sister
SMSed me that there are 2500 Robbie tickets going on sale at The One
. I informed only Billy Shakespeare, my Robbie buddy, and we lined up at 5:00 am to get the tickets. We got the tickets, but even when we went that early, we were like 100th in the queue. But the twist was that the second flurry of tickets did not get sold out. So queuing at 5:00 am was not really worth it. But it was an experience on its own. People had slept over in the queue, which strangely enough, included my 'Prime Sports' boss. Coffee mugs, books, crosswords, disc-mans, ipods, chairs, beds, lots of food, playing football - every possible way of being occupied was engaged. That was cool, and fun.

The reason I have included this post in my "The Past Few Weeks" saga is that getting a Robbie William ticket was one of the few positives in the past few weeks. Though many people classify him and his music 'gay' (not literally, but syn
onymously loserish), he is by far one of the greatest performers of today. And knowing that I would get to see him gave me something to look forward to and something to lift me up in a time I felt so pathetic about myself and about everything around me. So Robbie, thanks. But the fight I had with my parents to get front pit tickets was unsuccessful. Now I only hope I won't regret that too much.

8 comments:

anish said...

hey graff - i still have a robbie williams ticket...but i would have preferred a front standning one...but my parents and sister felt it was too expensive..

anyway thanks for ur concern.

i visited ur blog too...but i dont understand ur language..sorry

Anonymous said...

even though i didnt wait in line, and slept my way through the day, i got a robbie ticket thanks to you! i am truely grateful!

well seeing robbie williams for you is like seeing bon jovi for me, so well im happy for you and at the same time a bit jelous!

well lets hope robbie lives up to expectations :P

Anonymous said...

Hey Anish,

I totally connect with this blog! Robbie is one of THE most spectacular performers of our time and getting a ticket for his show has really made my year!

I too, had missed an opportunity to purchase a ticket when they had come on sale initially, but with God's grace and a little help from a certain friend I am a proud owner of one today.

I am looking forward to the next week only because I know that with each passing day, the RW concert comes ever closer.

Hope to see you on that day! Until then, Adios and Happy Blogging!

Komal

Anonymous said...

ello Anish! Since I've come to Dubai I've been to about 6 concerts which is 6 more than I'd been to in India! But finally it has happened! I'm going to see Robbie! and I imagine people will say they saw him in concert the way they'd have said they saw the Rolling Stones in concert! I mean really! there's just something to him!! For anyone who's seen him at Knebworth or even at Berlin, you can't help denying this guy's supreme ability to perform! Anyway I've gushed enough, will see you all at the concert!
Boogaloo!

Anonymous said...

Hieeeeeeeeee! as a fellow person who went through the morning hours standing (or sitting) in line in front of the one to get the tickets, boy, am i frustrated! what a piss off! but still, it was a great experience standing in line at 4 in the morning (an hour before you, bozo) and this time next week i shall be waiting in front of the gate with my precious ticket! :D i cant believe im actually going! after our initial dissapointment and our "fwice" rejection last month, lem and i finally feel accepted by the one and only great performer. adios!

Anonymous said...

Hey anish! I never really visited ur blogosphere before.. (sorry about that :P) but u seem to be doing a great job! Keep it up!

About the robbie williams tickets.. i got one when they released the third batch of tickets! Was that the 7th? ya probably n i got it quite conviniently. A big big thankx to Shireen!

I am personally not a DIE HARD fan of robbie williams ..but i do enjoy his music a lot... and as u said he is truely a great performer! looking forward to the 21st! cant believe im actually finally going!
Hope he makes ur day especially since u seem to be going through a hard time!
c yaaaaa there!
love,
ankita

Anonymous said...

anish!!! omg robbie williams is gonna be sooo much fun!!! im so happy we all have tickets :) n every1 sorry for letting u down about my neighbour giving tickets...he turned out to be a bit of a bitch anyway :/
oh well...omg omg omg 2 days left !!!! :):):)
luv u guyz
xoxo
mwah

Anonymous said...

nd the concert was WOW!!!!anyone who went 4 it can testify...!(like robbie needs 2 be justified!) nd i DID get a pretty central view of the stage anish! nd he ends tht fab show with a , 'don't forget me, i'm robbie williams' ferpecttttt
aaaahhh, im babbling now! sorry!:P