Tuesday, February 13, 2007

"Dear Diary…"

Everyone has kept a “diary” (especially you women) at some point in their life, in which they have blurted out their “deepest and darkest secrets” and emotions and feelings and all the other rot. Our “diary” is generally a substitute friend in which we vent our hearts out, which we would actually have preferred doing with a living breathing reacting soul instead, at least I would have OR it is this source of amusement ten years down the line when you are laughing your buttuties off at the fact that you were once such a kid. Anyhoo, yesterday, while “studying”, I came across my “diary”. It had only one entry in it, written all the way back in the millennium year. On the cover I had made a movie-like effort to write “STOP”, “DON’T TOUCH”, “DANGER” and all the other rubbish with white-ink. It was an old book, so I stapled the first few pages to make it look new, and wolah! – I had a new “diary”. This is how my first and only entry exactly went:

Today it is the 25th of Jan, 2000, the tuesday :-

My life is ruined. I, being only in 5th have to study so much! How can I study for 6 hours. There is a limit for everything. My sister is in 2nd year of college and she dose’nt study for 6 hours per day. I cannot go for the football tournament on thursday if I do not study well on wednesday. I cannot do down(stairs) to play football except for wednesday and thursday because this is my final term. I have friends who are in 6th, 7th, 8th. They are not studying as much as I am. Now when I tell this to my parents they say, “Do not compare.” And when my friend gets little higher marks than me, then my parents say, “Next time you should get higher marks than him.” Is’nt that comparing!

My computer had gone down for repair for 3 weeks. So I couldn’t play computer for 3 weekends, that is 12 hours (I got to play 4 hours per weekend on those days). And then when the computer comes, I get my time of 4 hours, not even 6!

Nothing is going my way, not at home or at school. I am not getting good grades in my projects cause I am not getting information. I don’t have information at home. So I have to get information from the net. But the computer was’nt there for 3 weeks. So no net. Now that I have got net, I haven’t got ‘Microsoft Word!’!!!

In my cricket match, I feilded well but bowled not so good. But it was my first over of the tournament.

---------- 0 ----------

Which match? – Don’t know, don’t remember, so don’t ask. By the way, that was a completely unedited version of the entry, no grammar check, no punctuation correction and no additional masala added to make you go ‘=O’. Surprisingly the entry didn’t have any girl related issues, which normally make it in most of these diaries, especially those pink ones.

I remember Tejas started a diary in 10th grade – yeah he was real grown up then. And well it was really unique, he wrote, for a week I think, every single detail of that Ali did. 'Ali looked at me', 'Ali laughed', 'Ali dug his nose', 'Romit!', 'Harry is crazzzzy', 'Ali is guitar', 'Ali and I went up to Mrs Joshi and screwed Romit over, and Mrs Joshi loves Anish'. Now if you ever get hold of that, either you’ll get annoyed reading it or laugh your asses off. We do the latter.

P.S. If anyone doubts the 'veracity' of the diary entry, please feel free to ask me to show it to you if you ever make it to my place. =)

20 comments:

*reshma* said...

i hve soo many diaries its not even funny!! its cuz i hve an obssession with collecting little notebooks n diaries n my most prizd ones r those with the lock n key...i used 2 luv them, i still do! i also alwasys loved 2 write so i thot y not...id write fer abt a week n then jus poof...i 4gt n then i get another diary n i start on that n it jus goes on..one entry wich i clearly remeber was wen my uncle had passed away...wen i sit n read my entrys id laugh over my language, used 2 be so bad n so were my spellings!! funny how time goes by n how even with jus a few yrs older v were so absolutely different than we were those few yrs back...funny...n yes u clearly watch 2 much tv or read 2 mmany mary-kate n ashley books!!! how grly grl do u thinks grls r!! sheesh..wel ok 2 certain extent that is wat we write...c thats the fact that distinguishs men from women!! but besides that...v write lot more than that...they are sometimes fer some us r best friends...yes, take it from a girl *nods head*

ug said...

awwww....that entry is soooo cute =P.....i can just imagine a little eleven year old anish, irritated with the world around him, writing into this little notebook...how adorable =P.......

Anonymous said...

:D
i remember tejas' diary...it was the lion king era in school.
bloody memories! stuff like how kevin oliver shouted at someone for doing something, or how he shouted at us when we ran into the hall with our trophies..Al Diyafah tournament!
and ofcourse how much joshi loved anish and hated romit

sometimes i wish i had kept a diary... brilliant to read them after so long, and remember the little, sometimes insignificant things, that you forgot.....but remember after reading about them.

The Ego said...

Yup yup... I have a diary... I think I have diaries going back all the way to 1995... hehe... I was 8 then but I still wrote! Although I became more regular in making entires after 2000...
I love reading old diaries after many years...everything seems so hilarious and even simple in retrospect, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

OMG THAT IS SO CUTE!u know.. in a way.. it makes u think.. at that point u thought ur life was the most complicated cause u 'didnt have information' for ur project!seems so silly now! so .. in a way..we can take solace is that.. all our huge 'problems' now.. wont seem all that big 10 years down the lane.. so .. we need to chill !

Anonymous said...

*take solace IN

Radhii said...

I don't think I even remember half the diaries I've made !! What I'm seriously wondering is how you managed not to conserve it.. I even lost my huge time capsule box!!!

Hah! "Was'nt" "Is'nt" .. I want to find some of my old stuff now !!

Hahah. You know what? I think I'm going to start a diary now =p
Maybe try and keep writing for more than a month. Tee-hee!
Cute post!

Anonymous said...

the word is "veracity" - not sanctity, unless these thoughts are sacred

Deepali said...

:)

I always wanted a diary but never kept one cause I was sure it would get read.

Btw do you feel like you are still in the 5th? Grumbling about all the studies and not being able to compare but being compared to?

ankita said...

=) I couldnt help but say "awwwwwwwww"! That was an incredibly ADORABLY CUTE entry! I can almost imagine mini anish doing something like that! soo tweeeeet! =)

anish said...

Anon @ 9:51pm: Will correct. Though the entry is somewhat sacred to me now. :P

Deepali: looks like yeah? :P

Ankita: mini anish!? hahaha brilliant =)

and thanks everyone for all the cuteness! :P

Anonymous said...

tht definitely was a veryyyyy cuteeeeeee entryyyyyy !!!!!
ur diary dint have any girl related issues i guess coz guyss srslyyy hate girlssssss in 5th gradeeeeee !!!

i made a diary in like grade 10...i jus kinda found it like 2 weekss back..the last entry i made in it was on dec 26th 2005..i was jus readin n laughin my ass offf...coz soooo much has changed in these 2 yrsss !! srslyyy.. i mean its unbelievablee...dunno if its happened wid everyone..but yaa i have changed a lot in these 2 yrssss....it was hilarious when i read my diaryy sheeeshh !!!
but its awesome to have a diary...jus started makin new entries in my diary..write like almost everyday.. n it feelsss gudd trust meee !!!!

jrod said...

i think ive probably had three diaries till date! i love reading them again.. recently i read one entry that i wrote during our tenth grade study leave and it goes 'whats the point of chem?'

i havent really changed much!!! =D

Tejas said...

Oh my god...that was frikkin hilarious man :D
i can imagine your next day, after everything goes right you'd be like
'ammmaaazing!'
hahahhahahahaha
oh god
thats funny and very cute.
i still have that diary btw...i go through that one month of writing, now and then. ill keep it in my bag to show u guys later.
cyaa!

Shalaka said...

heyy!

Firstly, I love your blog! I get why everyone calls you the 'blogfather':p!

Nice post! And extremely adorable! The 5th grade you reminds me of one of those little cute kids - all whiney about simple stuff!

byee!

Arjun said...

I had a diary.

I remember sneezing on it, farting on it, dropping it in the bath, and even setting fire to it (all accidentally of course).

Never wrote a damn thing in it.

Romit said...

except one guy....nobody knows I had a diary...Anish what u wrote on the first page of yours... i wrote the same on mine...But I started writing on the 1st of Feb 2005 and stopped writing just the day before my last Eco. exam. thats the end of it. It was nice little blue book. Dun't ask me whats written.

Anonymous said...

I luv son
DAD

Anonymous said...

Let me correct- I luv u son.I have so much to say when u were 5yrs old. I think I shd start writing my diary. I have copies of my letters written to u whn i was on my own in Dubai in 1997.
DAD

NV said...

Hey anish....u have a good writing style..keep it up!!(btw really liked the diary entry of the 5th grader)