Monday, February 18, 2008

Fadoslessness

The futility of futility is so futile. I did nothing of great consequence today. That basically means that today, I did no studying. Two important midterms are coming up this Tuesday and I have done absolutely nothing to prepare for the either of them. My bad, all my bad…

I thought Fado’s, this Irish pub on 5th street, screwed me over by over-charging my debit card. WelI, I thought wrong, and ended up wasting a whopping two hours traveling to and fro from Fados, thanks to a bus detour, only to later find out that they really hadn’t overcharged my debit card. Apologies Fado’s, but WTF Anish?

Ooh, I am going to be shaking my booty for Jashan ’08 this year to some Bollywood rhythm! I am weirdly excited because it’s been forever since I dhin-chakd (danced) on stage. It kinda brings back those young frivolous days but, at the same time, allows you to be mature enough to not get over-conscious about yourself. Essentially, it’s all for the fun of it. And when something this fun can uphold ICA's solemn goal of pervading Indian culture through the roots of the UT campus, then why not go with the flow?

I am going to now print some study material for tomorrow and hit the bed. Screw the studying. If you do something, do it to the best of your ability. I am currently procrastinating, so I will do it to the best of my ability.

P.S. Peace and have a great week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Fado’s, this Irish pub on 5th". Not impressed Anish, dont even know what street ur 2nd home is on, its 4th bro lol. Be good

anish said...

my bad homie, my bad.

Anonymous said...

happy dancin anish...!!!
have fun!

Kiwi Boy said...

It's the season to be dhin-chakking to Bollywood tunes! We recently did that in Newcastle's City Hall. They loved us more than that silly Latin Ballroom performance, obviously :) Jhoom Barabar Jhoom makes everyone sway properly sway.

What songs are y'all dancing to?