Friday, July 20, 2007

“Oh Harry!”


Right. So I saw Harry Potter 5, and no, I didn’t take a pencil and a notepad with me, but I didn’t love the movie either. It was a midnight-er, as in a midnight show, a-weird-Dubai-“premiere” type of thing. Anyway, Romit was really excited and was hitting falsettos quite often. Tejas was there and Ali wasn’t. 3 girls accompanied us – woohoo, yeah? But two were out of place and made the third feel out of place, so you do the math.

Anyway, the movie was okay-ish. The script was poor and Emma Watson cannot act. Nor can Danny-boy. So if your leads are messed up, it is, in no way, going to be a good movie. Emma is supposed to be hot, or well “cute” and supposedly “smart” in her role, but here she is more like a blond-ish bimbo saying some cheap, corny lines. Very disappointed, Emma tut tut. I think it’s high time you learn from Megan (Fox, you can’t-relate-to people). Yes Radcliffe was better than before, but if his previous exploits were rated Z, his current one would be given an F- : an improvement; but still crappy. Rupert Grint is the savior, or well would have been the savior if he had more lines. Crappy acting, marred with major plot holes and pure ignorance, Harry Potter fans should be quite disappointed.

On the positive side, I loved the camera-work, and the cinematography was quite brilliant. Obviously, it was nothing compared to Transformers, but the Voldemort v/s Dumbeldore was beautifully done; props to the director on that.

So I’d say, watch HP5. Hell, watch it in the theatres! Not because it’s great, but because it’s Harry Potter. It’ll help you make conversation, and also gives you a fun topic to blog on.

Yeah, recently, this blog is more of a movie-review website than anything else, and I apologize to those readers that have still remained faithful. It’s just that there is so much going on at present, that I cannot choose something concrete enough to blog on, as in without sounding too cheesy or too melodramatic in my posts. Movie reviews seem safe. Or I’m just being lazy. No no, I have too much to do!

I am going to try and get back to reading HP6 now. I have restarted that darned book to get into the whole “Potter Mania” again. It’s just that I have been faithful to Rowling, and want to finish the saga with as much enthusiasm as I read HP1, i.e. continue to be faithful [hint hint]. Also, it could also be that I have forgotten most of what happened in the 6th book, so I want to get a heads up before the 7th one arrives. But that’s similar to the whole getting into the “Potter Mania” bit, yeah? Damn. “Whatever”.

Till more personal posts.

P.S. At least this update was faster than the earlier one.

7 comments:

Proma said...

Didn't realize we were thaaatttt invisible...but thanks for buying our tickets either way!

ur right.. the movie did suck but it is completely worth watching in a theatre just because it is another version of the hp saga as seen in the eyes of its new director... so yeah... agree with u there.

glad to see ur still blogging... movie posts or not... good job.

Anonymous said...

not cool at all

Juhi said...

I HAVE THE BLOODY BOOK!!!

I'M GOING TO STAY UP ALL NIGHT READING IT!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!


*kicks air and falls on head*


oh, and I agree, the movie wasn't great. The fourth one was a BLOODY LOT better than this one. But come on, man it's HARRY POTTEERRRRR!!!

okay, excuse the capitals, I'm just very excited. And about the blogging thing, I'd just like tp point out that at least you're BLOGGING!! And that's all that matters, we just need a little bit of Anish, it doesn't matter in which form:P:P.

I apologize again for the weirdness, Farter Mania has caught ahold of me.

Juhi said...

shit did I just say "Farter Mania"?

Romit said...

Man the book is awesome... Directors of Harry potter seriously need to change their ways of thinking and stop cutting down plots...if its long ..let it be long...people are ready to sit for it!! C'mon it HARRY POTTER !! they ll do anything for it!!

ug said...

ah well the movie wasn't all that bad also. Certainly not as Potter movies go anyway. I thought it was far more interesting than the 5th book, though I never cared to read it a second time. It wasn't groundbreaking, but they managed to include all the important stuff anyway...well its Harry Potter!

Juhi said...

THE BOOK IS BLOODY AMAZING!!!

She really outdid herself this time. Though the last line of the book really pissed me off, it didn't seem up to the *looking for a word* level of that....that....that....Oh My God book.

I spent a total of eight-and-a-half-hours reading the book, including a few hours of crying and one hour of laughing. And then i read it again.

DO NOT MISS THE BOOK!

And in my earlier comment it sounded like i didn't like the movie at all, that's not it, i just got majorly annoyed because they cut out a lot of stuff. Oh well, it was the biggest book with the smallest print, they were bound to cut out practically everything. And even after all that cutting, the movie was pretttyy long.

DO NOT MISS THE BOOK! :D!