Friday, June 23, 2006

24


24 took me by storm. It was during my examinations, I think it was the Math weekend, when I was feeling quite bored and was quite fed up of academics. So, well, I thought of watching the 1st episode of this award-wining series, and find out what all the fuss was about. It took me precisely 5 minutes to know that I am going to be addicted to 24. I watched 4 episodes that night, and only stopped because; well I had only 4 episodes.

Anyone who has not seen 24 is a fool. I was one too, until recently. You don't know what you are missing. 24 has everything from a twisted, mind-boggling plot, accompanied by realistic acting, to the most creative concepts ever.

"The following takes place between 12:00am and 1:00am on the day of the California Election Primary. Events occur in real time" - that’s how each episode starts. Each season has 24 episodes, one hour each, which trace the events occurring in Jack Bower's life as a CTU agent. Convoluted, and filled with a million twists, with breath-taking shots, and highly realistic occurrences, 24 will blow you away and quite honestly, I have not see any video production better than this, and guess what I am not even through seeing the first season yet. Even though it has a very improbable story line, it is very realistically made and it has the ability to transfer you into the eyes of the protagonist, and you, the observer, are the only one who knows everything that's happening.

It's fascinating and a must see. I just had to rave about it. It's so good, that there will probably be a Bollywood take on it, and as usual they will screw it up. Let me make it clear, 24 outclass every single Bollywood & Indian Television production, and highlights the superiority of Western entertainment as opposed to the inferiority of the Indian television industry. Hats off to Paul Gadd (producer), Robin Chamberlin, Richard Rosser and Nicole Burke (directors) on a truly marvelous production.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your site quite by accident. I too am a new fan of "24" and I am just finishing the first season (It took me 3 days). I am off to buy Season #2 after I finish this note :)
Everything you said in your blog is so true...........

Anonymous said...

24!24!24!24!24! OH MY GOD! I WAS WAITING FOR THIS ANISH! THANK YOU ANISH FOR INTRODUCING TO THIS SHOW!I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i just have to say .....thanx anish..... thank you for makin me watch 23 oh..srry 24. Excellent and very thrilling storyline and same what anish said...criously a must see... and i bet bollywood is gonna copy it soon...
P.S anish i want the rest from 14... thanks again

Anonymous said...

woo ! hoot ! lets all sit and call bollywood names !!! lets all ignore the fact that bollywood is funded around 117 times less than hollywood !!! lets all forget that only 18% of the indian population have telies while the avg american household has 2 TvS! who gives a **** bout the amount of ppl watching eh ???????

24 is greatt tho

anish said...

hey Anon @ June 25, 12:26 -

i still hate bollywood, apart from the funding, they can still have better scripts (without supernatural stuff whcih requires money), scripts that deal with the emotions of people are are appealing, and not so melodramatic. You don't necessarily require funds for that.
The Indian television industry doesnt make any attempt to come with concrete orginal ideas, and even if they do, they are still crap.
Kaun Banega Crorepati? extremely successful, but a total spin off fo Who Wants to be a millionaire?

It lacks dynamism, and lacks quality entertainment like what 24 gives.

Anonymous said...

fair enuf anish

im not a big fan of 'boo'lywood either. its a darn shame taht most of their movies revolve around the supposed new 'western revolution' in india (perverted jokes , sleaz fests etc etc ...).

i dunno tho...some hindi movies just ROCK...

hindi television tho..(*sigh*).. sum1 kill ekta kapoor...it sux...not a single show is worth watching...weird how almost every1 indian (typical) housewife loves waching taht crap

Mathew said...

24 is amazing anish.

anyways, if u like 24 i seriously think u should watch Lost (although season two wasnt as good as one) and Prison Break.

Rahul Bhatia said...

There was a hindi version of 24. They made a movie called 'Timebomb', if I'm not mistaken. It was quite awful.